- In June, 2015, the firm stated that it has generated US$70 million in order to support the expansion of the market for its power devices manufactured using gallium nitride (GaN).
- In November, 2013, Transphorm announced that it is entering into an agreement with Fujitsu semiconductors and according to the agreement, they require to integrate their GaN industrial devices to supply power in huge commercial units.
- In July 2015, the firm announced the appointment of Kruvand Associates as its representative in several states of the U.S., namely Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas, following the rise in sales of GaN power transistors, which replaced silicon semiconductors in power applications.
- In May 2015, GaN Systems made an announcement to upgrade its most successful range of E-mode GaN-on-Silicon high power transistors. The new equipment added to the range is the GaN high-power enhancement-mode device, boasting the highest current capacity in the market at 60 Ampere and broadening the array of power switching semiconductors by GaN Systems.
- In March 2015, Texas Instruments launched an 80-V, 10-A integrated GaN field-effect transistor power-stage model, the first ever of this kind, named LMG5200 GaN FET power stage. The device has been priced at US$50 per unit. The device consists of a high-frequency driver and 2 GaN field-effect transistors in a half-bridge configuration. This setup is wrapped up in a 6-mm by 8-mm easy-to-design QFN package.
Freescale Semiconductor Inc. is an American semiconductor manufacturer and NXP Semiconductors is a Dutch semiconductor manufacturing company.
- In March 2015, Freescale Semiconductor announced that it has acquired NXP Semiconductors in order to establish itself as the market leader in the mixed signal semiconductor industry. The American company has agreed to sell the Dutch semiconductor manufacturer’s RF power business that apply GaN HFET devices to address emerging high-efficiency, high-power RF applications, to an investment firm, owned by the Chinese government, in an effort to aid itself in gaining regulatory approval for its merger with NXP Semiconductors.
Efficient Power Conversion Corp., International Rectifier, Renesas Electronics Corp., International Quantum Epitaxy, Cree Inc., Nichia Corp., and RF Micro Devices Inc. are some other prominent players of the GaN industrial devices market across the globe.