Rubber bonding Adhesives Market: Overview
- Rubber bonding adhesives are manufactured by mixing elastic polymers in a solvent. They possess high strength and heat resisting properties.
- Rubber bonding adhesives are primarily used in building & construction, aerospace, automotive, and electrical & electronics applications
- Rubber bonding adhesives consist of high, low, medium viscosity cyanoacrylate, epoxy, silicone and light curing formulations. These adhesives replace mechanical fasteners, ultrasonic welding, and solvent bonding techniques.
- Rubber bonding adhesives save time, reduce production costs, and eliminate the need for corrosive and dangerous materials. These adhesives bond natural and synthetic rubber and are ideal for bonding hard to bond plastics also. They have low viscosity, are easy to use, require no mixing or heat cure, 100% reactive, no solvents, and possess a highly rapid set time.
Key drivers of rubber bonding adhesives market
- Increasing demand for lightweight passenger cars that offer higher fuel economy and lower emissions has driven sales of high performance rubber bonding adhesives across the global automotive industry.
- Rubber bonding adhesives have diverse usage in both interior and exterior automotive applications. These adhesives can reduce weight by substituting nuts and bolts and thereby increase the fuel economy of vehicles. Conventional welding and other mechanical fastening methods are expected to be replaced by rubber bonding adhesives owing to their superior bonding capabilities.
- Rubber bonding adhesives are majorly utilized for tiling applications, attaching drywall, fixtures to walls, ceiling applications, bathroom flooring, and molding applications in the construction sector. In developing countries, such as India and China, rapid expansion of the construction industry is projected to offer significant opportunity to the manufacturers of rubber bonding adhesives during the forecast.
- The automotive industry is switching to lightweight materials in order to reduce to the weight of vehicles. This, in turn, is driving the automotive industry segment of the rubber bonding adhesive market.
- Stringent regulations formulated by environmental authorities on the utilization of adhesives with high Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) is projected to prompt key players in the market to develop bio-based adhesives. Therefore, manufacturers are undertaking various strategic initiatives, such as extensive R&D activities, in order to manufacture sustainable products.
Volatility in cost of raw materials likely to hamper market
- Key raw materials used to manufacture rubber bonding adhesives are sourced from crude oil and petrochemicals. Volatility in prices of crude oil and petrochemical products has affected the profitability of participants and is likely to hamper the rubber bonding adhesives during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific expected to hold large share in the global rubber bonding adhesives market
- In terms of region, the global rubber bonding adhesives market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific was a leading market for rubber bonding adhesives, globally, in 2018. Robust demand for these adhesives from end-user industries, such as transportation, electronics, construction, and furniture industry, in the region is expected to drive the rubber bonding adhesives market.
- China is the world largest producer of automotive and is majorly focusing on increasing the production and sale of electric vehicles in the country. Rising production of electric vehicles is likely to boost the rubber bonding adhesives market.
- In India, rise in investment in the automotive industry is projected to boost the production of automotive in the country. Utilization of rubber bonding adhesives in the automotive industry to reduce the weight of the vehicle is anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- The automotive industry in India, China, the Philippines, Vietnam, and Indonesia, has been witnessing robust expansion. Furthermore, expansion of the construction industry is propelling the rubber bonding adhesives market in the region.
- Production of vehicles is rising considerably in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Expansion of the automotive industry in the region is expected to drive the rubber bonding adhesives market during the forecast period.
- In Asia Pacific, investments in the residential and commercial construction sectors have been increasing at a robust rate, which is further expected to fuel the demand for rubber bonding adhesives for construction applications during the forecast period.
- The rubber adhesives market in Europe is dominated by Germany, France, and the U.K., in terms of consumption, across a wide range of applications. Expansion of the rubber bonding adhesives market in Europe is driven by increasing demand from automobile, medical, engineering, and electronics industries in the region.
- In the U.S., the demand for rubber bonding adhesives is driven by the presence of a large number of end-use industries and a rise in spending in the construction sector. Furthermore, easy availability of raw materials in the form of shale gas coupled with numerous strategic initiatives adopted by companies is likely to drive the rubber bonding adhesives market in the U.S.
- Recovery of the construction industry in Latin America and development of bio-based products are likely to offer significant opportunity to the rubber bonding adhesives market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key players operating in the rubber bonding adhesives market
The global rubber bonding adhesives market is highly consolidated with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share of the market. Key players operating in the rubber bonding adhesives market include
- BASF SE
- Huntsman Corporation
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- LORD Corporation
- B. Fuller Company
- Permabond LLC.
- Sika AG