Paint Protection Film Market: Introduction
- Paint protection film, often abbreviated as PPF, protects a vehicle’s finish from scratches, chips, stains, and other damaging elements. The virtually invisible film does not alter the color or design elements of the vehicle.
- Paint protection film is a thin polyurethane film or polymer that acts as a skin that helps protect the paint from rock chips and small scratches as well as UV exposure, mineral deposits, and acid rain
- Paint protection film is applied to the topcoat of painted surfaces of a new or used cars. Car paint protection film is available in multiple colors or an optically clear version, in a variety of thickness levels.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Paint Protection Film Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Paint Protection Film Market
- Based on application, paint protection film can be classified into electrical & electronics, automotive, aerospace, and others. Automotive is the most dominant segment of the paint protection film market. Increase in number of cars has led to rise in demand for paint protection films.
- In automotive applications, paint protection film is used for rocker panels, hoods, bumpers, mirror backs, door handle cavities, door edges, full hoods, trunks, and roofs
- Automotive OEMs use paint protection film to protect visible surfaces such as leading edge of the hood, rocker panels, wheel flairs, door openings, and other non-visible surfaces. PPF offers excellent film clarity and gloss retention, with a proprietary, protective clear coat for optimal surface protection.
- Paint protection film is used for protection of electronic gadgets including computers, laptops, tablets, television sets, and refrigerators. Improvement in living standards coupled with increase in demand for electronic devices is anticipated to boost the demand for paint protection films in the electronics segment.
- Thus, the pointers stated above boost the paint protection film market
Restraints of Global Paint Protection Film Market
- Paint protection film is used for protection of vehicles. However, it tends to reduce the shine of the vehicle’s paint.
- Paint protection films are not very hydrophobic. This has improved in the recent years. However, many professional PPF installers actually offer ceramic coating applications on top of paint protection films, for a superior paint protection solution.
- Price of paint protection film is much higher than car wax, and ceramic coatings
- Thus, all the above factors are responsible for restraining the paint protection film market
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Paint Protection Film Market
- In terms of region, the global paint protection film market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The paint protection film market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Rise in demand for cars from countries, such as India, China, South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, and Singapore, is projected to drive the paint protection film market in the Asia Pacific region. Also, maintenance of already existing cars drives the market in Asia Pacific. China is expected to lead the demand for paint protection films in the Asia Pacific region.
- The paint protection film market in Europe is led by Germany, Norway, France, and the U.K. The market in the region is primarily driven by production of conventional and electric cars in Europe.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Paint Protection Film Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Paint Protection Film Market
The global paint protection film market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. Various companies use online portals as a mode of selling their products.
In 2018, XPEL, Inc. announced that it had established its first local office in Asia with the acquisition of Apogee Corporation, XPEL’s Taiwan-based distributor of automotive paint protection and window film. As a result, the company can directly sell its products to customers in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.