Oleic Acid Market: An Eco-friendly and Cost-effective Solution
- Oleic acid is categorized as a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid. Oleic acid acts as an effective intermediate for the synthesis of a wide range of chemicals including esters, alkoxylates, salts, epoxy-stearates, and dimer acids. Oleic acid is a key ingredient in the manufacture of soaps, detergents, personal care products, printing inks, textiles, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Oleic Acid Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Oleic Acid Market
- In November 2018, The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the qualified health claims for oleic acid, which suggest that consuming oleic acid in edible oils, such as sunflower oil, canola oil or olive oil, might reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. This development is likely to significantly boost the adoption of oleic acid in the food & beverage industry during forecast period.
- Oleic acid is found to regulate insulin secretion and minimize blood sugar spikes. Increasing the amount of olive oil in the diet can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The benefit of oleic acid in promoting insulin sensitivity is likely to drive the demand for oleic acid in food & beverage as well as pharmaceutical industries in the near future.
Food Grade to be Key Grade Segment; Plant Origin to be Key Origin Segment
- Based on grade, the global oleic acid market can be divided into food grade, pharmaceutical grade, kosher grade, and regular grade
- Based on source, the global oleic acid market can be bifurcated into plant and animal origins. Oleic acid occurs naturally in animal and vegetable fat and oils. The most common vegetable sources of oleic acid include avocados, palm oil, olive oil, table olives, and canola oil, while the common animal sources of oleic acid include beef tallow and lard.
- Increasing trend of going vegan and consumption of vegetarian food is likely to drive the preference for plant-derived oleic acid in the oleic acid industry by 2027
Significant Opportunity in Emulsifier or Surfactant Applications
- Based on application, the global oleic acid market can be split into emulsifying agent, lubricating agent, adhesives & sealants, chemical intermediate, surfactant and others
- Oleic acid is widely utilized in the manufacturing of lotions, lipsticks, and creams. Oleic acid is likely to have substantial demand as an emulsifying agent and as a surfactant used in cosmetics and personal care products during forecast period.
Significant Growth Potential in Personal Care and Food & Beverage Industries
- Based on end-use industry, the global oleic acid market can be divided into food & beverage, textiles & leather, personal care, pharmaceuticals, chemical industry, oil & gas, automotive, marine, paints & coatings, and others
- Oleic acid is used as a moisturizer, co-emulsifier and emollient in cosmetic formulations. Exponential rise in expenditure on cosmetics by women and increase in consumption of men-grooming products are expected to propel the demand for oleic acid in the personal care industry during the forecast period
- Increasing demand for functional food and dietary supplements is likely to drive the demand for oleic acid in the food & beverage industry by 2027
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Oleic Acid Market here
Asia Pacific to be Key Market for Oleic Acid
- In terms of region, the global oleic acid market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for a notable share of the global oleic acid market during the forecast period. The personal care, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, and food industry in the region is estimated to expand significantly. The oleic acid market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand considerably due to the rapid expansion of economies in the region, including China, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia, from 2019 to 2027.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global oleic acid market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Berg + Schmidt GmbH & Co. KG
- VVF L.L.C
- Klk Oleo Sdn. Bhd.
- Emery Oleochemicals (M) Sdn Bhd
- Wilmar International Limited
- Oleon NV
- White Group Public Co., Ltd
- Arizona Chemicals
- Twin Rivers Technologies, Inc.
- Ashland Inc
Global Oleic Acid Market: Research Scope
Global Oleic Acid Market, by Origin
Global Oleic Acid Market, by Grade
Global Oleic Acid Market, by Application
- Emulsifying Agent
- Lubricating Agent
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Chemical Intermediate