Dust Suppressants Market for Mining: Introduction
- Dust suppressant chemicals are used to control dust in various places such as roads, construction sites, and mining sites. They can range from water to palliative materials, including saline solutions based on magnesium chloride (MgCl2), calcium chloride (CaCl2), and sodium chloride (NaCl).
- Dust is created in every step of the mining process, including extraction, storage & transportation, processing, mine construction, etc., and thus, companies need to monitor and control dust emissions at every stage. Dust suppression plays a vital role in the mining industry to meet environmental safety and health requirements, which is a major threat for the workforce working in the environment. Dust produced during material processing operations is a major source of airborne fumes in the mining industry.
- Dust can create a large number of problems in mining operations, such as equipment failure, low-visibility, health problems, etc. Dust also creates a potentially explosive environment. Thus, dust suppressants are used in the mining industry.
Key Drivers of Global Dust Suppressants Market for Mining
- Rise in demand for clean energy and concerns related to safety of workers is expected to expand the dust suppressants market for mining in the next few years. Moreover, the mining industry is adhering to various safety regulations, which include the usage of dust suppressants across the globe to avoid possible fines and damages.
- Awareness about dust control systems and smart manufacturing in the mining industry, and increase in investments are anticipated to fuel the growth of the dust suppressants market for mining
- Increase in production of metals, such as iron and copper ore, coupled with new projects and expansions of the mining field has created opportunities for mining companies. This factor is likely to propel the expansion of the dust suppressants market for mining.
- Growth of the mining industry and rise in need for dust control products are boosting the global dust suppressants market for mining. Furthermore, technology advancements and innovation in methods of dust suppression are creating opportunities for companies operating in the global dust suppressants market for mining.
Wet Dust Suppressants Type Segment to Dominate Global Dust Suppressants Market for Mining
- Various factors including low injury rates, grade control, better recovery of mined products, and flexibility act as major factors propelling the global dust suppressants market for mining. Policies and regulations focusing on health and safety of workers are expected to increase the demand for wet suppressants in the mining industry.
- Wet dust suppressants type segment dominates the global market. A wet dust suppressants solution is applied on dust-prone surfaces. This solution binds dust particles to the surface and reduces dust emission.
High Maintenance Cost of Dust Suppression Equipment to Hamper Market
- High maintenance cost of equipment used for dust suppression and lack of funding by governments or other investors are major factors negatively impacting the usage of dust suppressants in mining
- Slowdown of mining activities in Europe, compliance with dust standards, weak mandates, lack of strict policies, unavailability of proper suppressing agents to absorb dust, and high cost of dust control equipment are few factors hampering the growth of the dust suppressants market for mining
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Dust Suppressants Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Dust Suppressants Market for Mining
- In terms of region, the global dust suppressants market for mining can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global dust suppressants market for mining, owing to a robust mining sector in countries such as China, Australia, and India. The untapped exploration and drilling potential in India is expected to provide growth opportunities for the dust suppressants market for mining in the country.
- Opportunities for mineral explorations, increase in investments, and availability of infrastructure and resources have led to the expansion of the dust suppressants market for mining in Middle East & Africa. This market in Latin America is projected to grow at a significant rate due to the booming end-use industries, such as mining, in countries, including Chile and Peru.
Key Players in Global Market
The expansion of manufacturing facilities and sales network of key players coupled with substantial investments in research and development for the production of non-petroleum-based wet suppressants is estimated to drive the global dust suppressants market for mining during the forecast period.