Cinnamaldehyde Market: Unsaturated aldehyde
- Cinnamaldehyde is a pale yellow, viscous liquid that is present in the bark of cinnamon trees. The essential?oil of cinnamon bark contains about 55% to 76% cinnamaldehyde. It is also utilized as a building block to manufacture derivatives such as cinnamic alcohol, 3-phenyl propanol, and cinnamonitrile.
- The derivatives of cinnamaldehyde include dihydrocinnamyl, dihydrocinnamaldehyde, and cinnamyl alcohol. It’s primarily used to fight tooth decay and bad breath and enhance oral health. Furthermore, cinnamaldehyde possesses antifungal and antibacterial properties, which help reduce infections. In the food & beverage industry, cinnamaldehyde is often used in a range of 9 ppm to 4900 ppm.
- Cinnamaldehyde is extensively utilized in various end-use applications such as flavor & fragrance, agriculture, healthcare, and other (including corrosion inhibitor). Among these applications, flavor & fragrance is estimated to be the leading segment and hold a major share of the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Rise in demand for personnel care products to drive the cinnamaldehyde market
- Rising urbanization coupled with increasing disposable income of consumers is anticipated to drive the perfume market during the forecast period. Furthermore, increase in spending by consumers on personal care products and rise in research & development activities about the benefits associated with fragrance are driving the cinnamaldehyde market.
- Additionally, development of new flavors with improved taste and increased emphasis on unique taste in processed food products are estimated to drive the global flavors market, which in turn is anticipated to drive the cinnamaldehyde market in the near future.
- In the agricultural sector, cinnamaldehyde is utilized as an antifungal agent, for corn rootworm attractant, and dog and cat repellent. Moreover, it can also be employed as a casing in soil for growing mushrooms, row crops, turf, and other food commodities. Use of cinnamaldehyde as a fungicide and insecticide is projected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Flavor & fragrance segment to offer attractive opportunities
- Increase in demand for personal care products coupled with the expansion of food and beverages segment is expected to propel the cinnamaldehyde market during the forecast period. Rise in usage of flavors in pharmaceutical, supplements for diets, and nutraceuticals is anticipated to boost the flavor & fragrance segment in the near future.
- Rise in industrialization across the globe has led to the increase in manufacturing of scented or flavored commodities such as refined food, soaps, detergents, household cleaners, personal care products and oral hygiene products. All these factors are expected to fuel the flavor & fragrance segment of the market.
- Additionally, utilization of cinnamaldehyde in a wide range of food products, such as non-alcoholic beverages, ice cream, candy, baked goods, chewing gum, and meats, is expected to offer lucrative opportunity to the cinnamaldehyde market in the near future.
Increase in regulations on cinnamaldehyde to hamper the market
- Cinnamaldehyde is an allergy causing agent in humans and numerous reports state that it can cause skin irritation in humans. The Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety have recommended the limit of 0.01% cinnamaldehyde, as a fragrance in cosmetic products.
- According to the current IFRA guidelines, the limit sets the usage of cinnamaldehyde in a concentrations of about 0.02% in lip care and deodorant products, 0.04% in intimate wipes, 0.4% in mouthwashes, and 0.05% in all other personal care products including fragrances.
Asia Pacific is projected to hold prominent share of the global cinnamaldehyde market
- In terms of region, the global cinnamaldehyde market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a prominent market for cinnamaldehyde. Increase in disposable income of people coupled with a rise in living standards has led to an increase in spending power of consumers in the region. Increase in spending power has led to a rise in the usage of perfumes, which in turn is boosting the cinnamaldehyde market in the region.
- Rising import of cinnamaldehyde in Latin America and Middle East & Africa owing to its excellent flavoring properties is expected to boost its demand in both regions.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Cinnamaldehyde Market here
Key players operating in the Cinnamaldehyde market
Demand within cinnamaldehyde market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for a major share of the global market. Key players operating in the cinnamaldehyde market include
- LANXESS AG
- Emerald Performance Materials, LLC
- Payan Berthand S.A.
Global Cinnamaldehyde Market: Research Scope
Global Cinnamaldehyde Market, by End-use
- Flavor & fragrance
- Other (including corrosion inhibitor, etc)