Acridine Derivatives Market: Class of Bioactives
- Acridine derivatives are one of the oldest forms of Bioactives, used as antiprotozoal and antibacterial agents. Acridine derivatives are characterized by their unique physical and chemical properties, industrial applications, and biological activities.
- Acridine is obtained from high boiling fraction of coal tar. Furthermore, it can be obtained in natural form from plants as well as marine sources. The unique qualities of acridine are attractive due to its various possible uses in purpose oriented design of drugs.
- Acridine derivatives belong to heterocyclic analogues of anthracene, with central ring containing nitrogen atom. They can interact with RNA and DNA, and can be used as a base for anticancer and anti-inflammatory drug design.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Acridine Derivatives Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Acridine Derivatives Market
- The global acridine derivatives market is driven by its important role in the preparation of various medicines. The therapeutic nucleus is based on the derivative of acridine to fight as antimalaria, antiseptics, abortifacient and anticancer.
- Increase in prevalence of diseases, and the harmful disease such as cancer which can also cause death, so the acridine chromophore, the derivative of acridine to interact with DNA and inhibit topoisomerase enzymes is expected to drive the market.
- The global acridine derivatives market is driven by the pharmaceutical industry, owing to high demand for acridine derivatives in the manufacturing of medicinal products. Acridine derivatives are important compounds in the medical chemistry due to their diverse properties which mainly include anticancer and antimicrobial effects.
Demand from Underdeveloped Regions to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Millions of people worldwide suffer from parasitic diseases, which constitute major health problems, especially in the underdeveloped regions
- In the underdeveloped regions, availability of medication is extremely difficult, owing to the absence of efficacious vaccines and uneven dissemination of medicines. Countries in Africa such as Angola, Zambia, and Toga are the underdeveloped. Countries in Asia such as Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and others are underdeveloped regions.
Side effects of Acridine Derivatives to Hamper Market
- The major challenge faced by acridine derivatives is the side effects caused by them. Intake of acridine derivatives can led to dizziness, headache, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, visual disturbances and discoloration of cornea, and partial or total failure of blood cell development.
- Prices of raw materials used in the production of acridine derivatives are high, which limits the entry of small-scale players in the market
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Acridine Derivatives Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Acridine Derivatives Market
- The global acridine derivatives market can be segmented into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of acridine derivatives, followed by North America and Europe. In Asia Pacific, China is estimated to be a prominent market for acridine derivatives due to increase in demand from ever growing population, which also increases the risk of diseases. India, Japan, Indonesia, and Thailand are other main countries contributing to the growth of the acridine derivatives market in Asia Pacific as the demand is high in these countries.
- The acridine derivatives market is expanding in North America due to increase in awareness of major diseases and high amount of precautions taken for diseases
- Europe holds significant share of the global acridine derivatives market due to the presence of major players in the region, such as BASF SE and LANXESS
- Rise in import of acridine derivatives in Latin America and Middle East & Africa due to lack of medicines for cancer or malaria in these regions is likely to boost the market in these regions
Key Players in Global Acridine Derivatives Market
The global acridine derivatives market is highly concentrated with leading manufacturers accounting for approximately 20%–30% share of the market. Key players operating in the acridine derivatives market include:
- Merck KGaA
- VWR International, LLC.
- Hailir Pesticides
- Cayman Chemical
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Shardul Group of Companies